Start-up & Fintech
Our young and entrepreneurial team has also been involved in the start-up and fintech environment in Singapore, South East Asia, and Australia, having represented notable start-ups, incubators and investors in these regions.
- Advised a Southeast Asian fund set up by SoftBank in the preparation and review of investment documents relating to tech start-up companies in Asia.
- Advised Singapore-based on-demand grocery concierge and delivery service honestbee in its entire start-up process in Singapore.
- Advised a payment gateway start-up in the preparation of investment documents relating to multiple series seed funding rounds, such as series seed preference shares subscription agreements and shareholder’s agreements.
- Advised a contractor in the sale and supply of goods and services to Google for the launch and manufacture of the Google Glass.
- Advised Infocomm Investments Pte Ltd (IIPL), SPH Media Fund Pte Ltd and Sunnyvale-headquartered global accelerator Plug and Play, in the setting up of a corporate accelerator program (SPH Plug & Play Pte Ltd) focused on building high growth, innovation driven Singapore-based digital media startups.
- Advised IIPL in its tie-up with Singapore Power, to run an accelerator known as Spark Accelerator, Asia’s first utility-led accelerator programme to promote growth of start-ups in the energy sector.
- Advised IIPL in its tie-up with Ascendas Land International Pte Ltd and Shenzhen Runyang Capital Investment Company Ltd to run a cross-border accelerator known as Airmaker to be the conduit for start-ups to develop Internet of Things or IoT solutions address Asia as a key market initially.